Thursday, December 2, 2010

"To my little prince..With love,Mom!" (29/11/2010)

Oldage is the second phase of childhood.Many often forget this because they fail to think about the feelings of those old people!What do these people feel-
when their children,whom they nurtured, hurt them with words and deeds later;when they are being looked upon as a burden by their own kids!This modern people feels ashamed to look after them,and they finally drop their old parents in oldage homes...Thats the worst of all pains!!!And here I am jotting down the feelings of a Mother,who feels sad about herself,seeing her son,about her old age!And here it is...


To my little prince......... With love,Mom


Time is here,



I'm moving on-
towards the light,
the path to glory!

My child!
I know,
You're sad,
seeing my fate!

Years and
years before,
when,
you were a kid,
you held my hands
and 
walked with me
through this corridor!

And now
Its hard-
to lift me
and
make me walk!

My child!
I know,
You're sad,
seeing my fate!


When
you were a kid,
you went on
telling something
again 
and again
till you got it!

And now
when I do it.
my child,
I'm scared of-
everyone's laughter!
I'm sad-
to hear it!

When
you were a kid,
I loved
to be with you-
round the clock-
to see your smile!

And now-
I know
its hard for you-
to look after me
all the time!

Once,
when you were a kid
you waked up,
in your sleep,
shivering,
seeing a monster,
in your nightmare;
I hugged you
till you-
got back to
slumber!

I know-
I'm dirty now!
I smell old too
because,
I'm so!

When
you were a kid,
you came to me,
with all the filthy mud-
I just smiled at you!
'You were naughty!"

And now-
I'm sorry!
My child!
I'm old.
Your Mom is old!

I don't
want to die...
I want to see you
live happily
forever!
I want to be with
my grandson!

But
I'm old!
And
I can't bear
if you give me
a vague look!




I feel sorry dear!
But,
I love you so much,
my child!
You are still,
my little prince!

            Love,Mom!
                                                                                                       Smrithi (29-11-2010)









No comments:

Post a Comment


"Winners don't do different things.They do things differently." -Shiv Khera

Followers