Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"A Greeting to 'Lead Kindly Light'"(3/2008)


I still remember the lines of the poem 'Lead Kindly Light' written by John Henry Newmann because it was the prayersong of my old school 
where I had studied for 10 years (1995-2005) .This poem is a greeting to my old school from where I gathered the first treasure of Knowledge! 



My soul is silent, 
My mind is algid-
It seems that it drowns-
to the deep woods of
'memories'-I make out! 


My words-being unable
to reflect its touch, 
shower its beauty! 


They were the moments
I spent in my School, 
where my mind still resides


The pulse of the wind there
still murmurs, to me! 


'Love'-Jesus's message
'Pray'-my Sisters' advice
'Think'-my Guru's words
'Work'-my Teachers' manthra


If I dare to forget these, 
it would darken my world further! 


The lights which paved 'my way', 
the words which brightened 'my aims', 
the strength which discovered 'Me'! 


And I'm sure-
they bestow blessings, 
spread fragrance, 
illuminate my path-'eternally'...


'Lead Kindly Light! '
                                                                                                                                  Smrithi(Feb 2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment


"Winners don't do different things.They do things differently." -Shiv Khera

Followers