Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Oh! My 'Katydid' (1/8/2008)


I am a person who extremely loves nature and all its elements.Yesterday I happened to see a 'katydid'(grasshopper)   lying motionless on the floor nearby a cockroach.I took it and kept it on my palm.I could make out that it was not dead because its antenna was moving.I wanted to save it, but I didn't know what to do.I referred a lot and with that knowledge, I kept it on a frond.I ts legs were found to be moving.I was happy that, however my friend could survive.But I couldn't find the truth that it was yearning for life! Today I found it dead.How unfortunate it was! How helpless I was! And here it is, what that scene made me jot down...It is long..but for me its depth matters! (description as on 1st October 2008 in my diary)...






"Oh! My katydid! 
I'm so sorry
for I couldn't save you! 
And I had to see you
dying in front of me! 


'Unfortunate'-it was
for I couldn't make out
that you were sinking, 
yearning for life! 


I don't know
what really it was! 


I saw you lying
near one of your foes.
I hoped, 
it was survival, 
for your antenna was moving! 


I picked you.
You rested on my palm.


Oh, dear katydid, 
still I couldn't make out
that you were sinking! 


I wished, 
'if you could talk! '


I thought, 
you would be happy, 
if I let you lie
on a frond! 


I know, 
you had been 
flying in ecstasy; 
chirping, 
to attract your love! 


What happened, then? 
I don't know.


Your foe would have
tried to efface you.
I guess! 


No words to express-
how helpless I was! 


All I can do now, 
is to pray; 
may your soul
rest in peace! 
May your wishes
come true 
in your rebirth! "


                                                                                                                                  Smrithi(1.08.08)

No comments:

Post a Comment


"Winners don't do different things.They do things differently." -Shiv Khera

Followers